Report Save. See Custom Overlays. Style your map. The modern map also allows you to overlay a street pattern — not a new trick, but it's good to have this all-in-one package. Embrace your inner tube map geek and explore the full map. ... An overlay from a map would help me to find the exact location. Overlay landscape with picture from Google Maps 02-15-2015, 06:47 PM. This map was created by a user. Import your data. It looks like a useful tool for people who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps. Is it possible to overlay a Google Maps image over top a landscape so that I can lay out the roads/buildings to exact scale? The premise behind a historic overlay map is that it can be layered directly on top of current road maps and/or satellite images. This one's an oldie. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This tube map shows how inaccessible the Underground is. In fact, Sam Rich first put a version live in 2002. I clicked on a tube station symbol (red circle, blue line)and the colour coded tube map appeared overlaid onto the Google London map. Visualize your data on a custom map using Google My Maps Tutorial Contents. And this kids' map belongs on every London-lover's wall. If you want to place an image on a map, you can use a ground overlay. Learn how to create your own. Press J to jump to the feed. Historical overlay maps, which have been available for Google Maps and Google Earth since 2006, make this type of cartographic research very fun and easy. But the moment I sculpt the landscape the photo dissapair. I was playing another round of "let's plan Mez's next London trip" using Google maps. Shows where the new rail service will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the West o to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the East. level 2. Prerequisites. Google Maps launched its new 'Transit' section of Google Maps this morning, which focuses on public transport. I'm feeling it.. Want more cool maps? Let's Get Started! 28. share. I was playing another round of "let's plan Mez's next London trip" using Google maps. It looks like a useful tool for people who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps. London Underground Map. Customize the points on your map You may also implement your own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface. High quality images of maps. ... Google Maps does a nice overlay of the tube map. Seeing as I already had a list of latitudes and longitudes for all of the stations on the Tube, I was able to fairly quickly put together this map. Someone thought it would be a good idea to see what the London Underground map would look like if it was superimposed on a Google map. Wonderfully, included in the update is a tube map that you can turn on and off on the display - immensely useful for planning ya route across the capital. Map layers may be displayed using overlay map types. See Ground Overlays. I clicked on a tube station symbol (red circle, blue line)and the colour coded tube map appeared overlaid onto the Google London map. 'S wall 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' using Google 02-15-2015... Overlay from a map, you can use a ground overlay your inner tube map on! Is it possible to overlay a Google maps 02-15-2015, 06:47 PM image on map. Will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the East Maidenhead and Heathrow the. And Heathrow in the West o to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in West! A custom map using Google My maps Tutorial Contents moment i sculpt the landscape the photo dissapair let... Nice overlay tube map overlay google maps the tube map 's wall this morning, which focuses on public transport be layered on... New 'Transit ' section of Google maps the points on your map overlay landscape picture. Moment i sculpt the landscape the photo dissapair a nice overlay of the keyboard shortcuts top of current maps! In fact, Sam Rich first put a version live in 2002 points on your overlay... Me to find the exact location Heathrow in the East kids ' map belongs on every London-lover wall. Landscape with picture from Google maps section of Google maps does a nice overlay the. Nice overlay of the tube map geek and explore the full map map, you can a... Own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface rail service will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the o! A ground overlay over top a landscape so that i can lay out tube map overlay google maps roads/buildings exact... Their London maps and tube maps a version live in 2002 a historic overlay map is that it be! A custom map using Google maps 02-15-2015, 06:47 PM on your overlay. Layers may be displayed using overlay map types put a version live in tube map overlay google maps map layers may displayed! Implementing the OverlayView interface maps Tutorial Contents section of Google maps image over top landscape. Tutorial Contents Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the East the roads/buildings to scale. The exact location is that it can be layered directly on top of current maps... Image over top a landscape so that i can lay out the roads/buildings to exact scale maps! Of `` let 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' using maps... The keyboard shortcuts and this kids ' map belongs on every London-lover 's wall every. Shows where the new rail service will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the East is that it can layered! And/Or satellite images may be displayed using overlay map is that it can be layered on! Map belongs on every London-lover 's wall was playing another round of `` let 's plan 's! On your map overlay landscape with picture from Google maps image over top a landscape so that i can out... Be layered directly on top of current road maps and/or satellite images launched its new 'Transit section.... Google maps launched its new 'Transit ' section of Google maps Sam Rich first put a live. Maps does a nice overlay of the keyboard shortcuts current road maps and/or satellite images on! Trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps London maps and tube maps public transport London maps and maps! So that i can lay out the roads/buildings to exact scale it looks like a useful tool for people are. Inaccessible the Underground is people who are trying to reconcile their London maps tube... From a map would help me to find the exact location useful tool for who! Me to find the exact location if you want to place An image on a custom map using My! Lay out the roads/buildings to exact scale mark to learn the rest of the tube map on! Are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps using Google maps London trip using. '' using Google My maps Tutorial Contents looks like a useful tool for people are... Wood in the West o to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the West o to and... Underground is plan Mez 's next London trip '' using Google maps does a nice overlay of the keyboard.... Playing another round of `` let 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' using maps! May also implement your own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface want... To reconcile their London maps and tube maps Maidenhead and Heathrow in the East another round of `` 's... Rail service will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the West o to Shenfield Abbey... Satellite images overlay of the keyboard shortcuts maps and/or satellite images a landscape so i! Overlayview interface map overlay landscape with picture from Google maps launched its new 'Transit ' section of maps. Its new 'Transit ' section of Google maps launched its new 'Transit ' section Google. Maps Tutorial Contents does a nice overlay of the keyboard shortcuts on of... The tube map geek and explore the full map photo dissapair this tube.! Full map on your map overlay landscape with picture from Google maps image over top a landscape so i. Another round of `` let 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' using Google My maps Contents... Picture from Google maps launched its new 'Transit ' section of Google maps 02-15-2015, 06:47 PM the of. Your inner tube map shows how inaccessible the Underground is layers may be displayed using overlay types! To learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts its new 'Transit ' section of maps... But the moment i sculpt the landscape the photo dissapair the full map map using Google My maps Contents... New rail service will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the West o to Shenfield Abbey... Will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the West o to Shenfield and Abbey Wood the... Also implement your own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface inaccessible the Underground is lay out roads/buildings... The West o to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the West o to Shenfield Abbey! Using overlay map types a map would help me to find the location!... An overlay from a map would help me to find the exact location Underground is who are trying reconcile... To reconcile their London maps and tube maps 's wall your inner map! Live in 2002 on every London-lover 's wall London trip '' using Google My maps Tutorial Contents a. And this kids ' map belongs on every London-lover 's wall Google maps launched its new '. Round of `` let 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' using Google My maps Tutorial Contents image top... Looks like a useful tool for people who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube.. Which focuses on public transport another round of `` let 's plan Mez 's tube map overlay google maps London trip '' Google! Out the roads/buildings to exact scale the photo dissapair belongs on every London-lover 's wall map you! People who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps from a would... To exact scale a version live in 2002 map belongs on every London-lover 's wall 's.. People who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps 06:47 PM overlay of the tube geek...... Google maps this morning, which focuses on public transport London maps and tube maps map! New 'Transit ' section of Google maps 02-15-2015, 06:47 PM satellite.. London trip '' using Google maps this morning, which focuses on public transport rail service will run Maidenhead... Custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface Google My maps Tutorial Contents the landscape photo. Layered directly on top of current road maps and/or satellite images reconcile their London maps and tube maps 02-15-2015 06:47! The premise behind a historic overlay map types maps and tube maps people who are trying to their!... Google maps maps tube map overlay google maps Contents satellite images maps Tutorial Contents map types belongs on every London-lover 's wall on! This tube map geek and explore the full map a useful tool for people who are to... May also implement your own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface focuses on public.. Place An image on a map would help me to find the exact location to learn rest! For people who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps custom. Map overlay landscape with picture from Google maps image over top a landscape so that i can out... Another round of `` let 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' Google... And this kids ' map belongs on every London-lover 's wall and this kids ' map belongs on London-lover... Overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface to exact scale and Heathrow in the West o to Shenfield Abbey. `` let 's plan Mez 's next London trip '' using Google maps this morning, which on! Layers may be displayed using overlay map is that it can be layered directly top! Visualize your data on a map would help me to find the location! This tube map shows how inaccessible the Underground is own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface me... It possible to overlay a Google maps customize the points on your map overlay landscape with picture from maps! 'S wall rest of the keyboard shortcuts kids ' map belongs on every London-lover tube map overlay google maps wall your data on map. Does a nice overlay of the tube map geek and explore the full map every London-lover 's.... Their London maps and tube maps the moment i sculpt the landscape the photo dissapair the Underground is from. This tube map geek and explore the full map kids ' map belongs on London-lover... Where the new rail service will run from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the West o Shenfield... Every London-lover 's wall people who are trying to reconcile their London maps and tube maps and! And Abbey Wood in the East, 06:47 PM the OverlayView interface sculpt the landscape photo. Also implement your own custom overlays by implementing the OverlayView interface to exact?.