Animated Adaptation (when you're lucky) Smithers usually acts as a voice of reason or he thinks of some sort of distraction to keep Burns from going too far. I’m 100% with you on this one. CABF07 (SI-1207 / S12E12) … Dignity". Dignity" is the fifth episode of the The Simpsons’ twelfth season, first broadcast by Fox on November 26, 2000. This is what passes for comedic content nowadays, I guess. OP . I recommend a slow steady gorging process combined with assal horizontology. I need to buy a gun!”)”. CABF05 (SI-1205 / S12E10) Pokey Mom 259. In that episode he became Boyd's slave over a rare trading card that he didn't even find valuable to begin with, and in the end learned that dignity is worth more than material possessions. Another would be just around the corner…. It’s not a good scene, and there’s a good reason it’s infamous. He’s in “Old Man and the Lisa” mode, in that he’s a completely helpless old man, thinking a vending machine is a toffee shop and calling the sneeze guard a “force field.” I think that episode to him is what “Homer’s Enemy” was to Homer; in that context in the specific episode, the characterization worked, but that exaggeration crept further into his personality as seasons went on. Recycled Script: We have the family in financial trouble, Lisa worrying over a Simpson male's soul ("Bart Sells His Soul") and Homer dressing up as Santa Claus ("Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire"). Yeah, I know “Needy” is usually synonymous with “underpriveledged children” (and is definitely what it means in the second line, which gets misunderstood, even though he says “I see what you’re saying”, which is what makes it kinda funny imo), but I don’t think the joke is that he wants to kill underpriveledged kids, just that he needs a gun to protect his money from kids who “need” it. Easily could have been done in the classic era. I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can 5/9/2002 Note Table draft script. CABF04 Homer Vs. This is the episode that I specifically remember seeing live that I thought, this show is horrible and there’s no turning back. I don’t really care. Lisa discovers his secret and tries to get him to retrieve his dignity. As always, Zombie Simpsons makes no sense. OP. Rob LaZebnik received his first sole writing credit for the episode "Homer vs. Change ). ‘Chicago 7’ Vs. the World: How Aaron Sorkin’s Awards-Friendly Epic Jolted a Strange Awards Season IndieWire Toolkit Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. Then, the scene flashes forward to the future, where an elderly Homer tells a group of future children that, because of him, Christmas is now celebrated with pig's blood being thrown at people. I don’t want him to become a loser like he was in “Monty Can’t Buy Me Love”, but to turn him into a cartoony villain like this? Would make you believe the show was nearing the end of its run. Mr. Burns is in probably his worst role up to this point. Season 27 Information Thread Thanks to Simpsons Forever! Why are you in your underwear? Le fou du roi. Maybe I’m just nostalgic for Homer the Smithers, which starts similarly but is overall funnier. Although, I never realized they didn’t have Costington do his slow motion lip movements in this one, so there is at least that. The actors, though seeing the script for the first time, deliver their lines as if they've been at many rehearsals. UberTag . It also isn't the first time Homer has worked as Mr Burns' assistant while Smithers is on vacation ("Homer the Smithers"). Yeah, the financial panther skit is funny, and almost has that classic era ‘think about it and giggle’ quality. Dignity . "Homer vs. ( Log Out /  Thousands and thousands of dollars? But there must have been someone in that building who remembered that old bit, but I guess they never spoke up. We start on familiar ground with the Simpson family deep in financial woes. Homer vs. Dignity-Wikipedia. Less severe, but next episode we have the cash prize intended for “Mr. Marge: You're talking about a trough. ‘Chicago 7’ Vs. the World: How Aaron Sorkin’s Awards-Friendly Epic Jolted a Strange Awards Season IndieWire Toolkit Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. – Honestly, nothing about the prank monkey stuff is funny. David Mirkin spoke on one commentary about the Simpsons 10th Anniversary festival that happened in 1999 or 2000 or whenever, and there was an episode trivia contest that pitted the fans against the writers. Member. I kinda find it interesting and entertaining to a point. …he’s saying that “needy” kids are going to “need” his money, so he will “need” a gun to defend himself against those who “need” the money. They have almost all largely been lackluster. After a panda rapes him, he begins to hate the job. However, that doesn’t diminish from the fact that this episode is just awful all around. Ob als TV-Stars, als Spielzeugfiguren oder auf einem amerikanischen Linienflugzeug, die gelbste Familie der Welt findet sich überall. Meanwhile, Smithers takes a leave of absence, so Burns is left to his own devices. The fans won by a mile; Mirkin wisely sat out because he knew he’d get walloped. Crowbar loads of horrible contrived crap in around it for the sole purpose of getting to it, and it’s nasty and jarring. Guide to the Simpsons episode "Hungry, Hungry Homer". I don’t know. (originally aired November 26, 2000) Ah, after a few surprisingly passable shows, we have our first godawful episode of the season. Dignity-- Homer becomes Mr. Burns' "prank monkey." I need someone to explain this to me (“What should I do with all this dirty, ill-gotten money? Not nearly as offensively bad or insulting to fans as it’s made out to be, even if it’s pretty dumb in most places…, As for the joke… “What should I do with all this dirty, ill-gotten money? Oct 25, 2017 10,418 Kitchener, ON. It’s not like I’m a prude, and I’d accept them if they were funny, but they feel so wrong in this series. The episode's plot was based off an obscure movie where some rich guy (not unlike Burns) decided to pay some guy (Homer) to do a variety of really embarrassing things for his own amusement. This is what's known as a table-read, the initial run-through of a script that the Simpsons writers may have spent months putting together. The others are "Merry Wishmas" and "A Fairly Odd Christmas." There isn't a single one in my Top 100 post-Classic era episodes list. Definitely that's THE moment of Homer vs. Homer becomes a clown for him with Homer's life becoming an episode of MTV's "Jackass." Truly wretched. It’s particularly reviled by fans for one scene in particular, but in all honestly I wasn’t that greatly offended by that part. (c; What amazes me is that so many people think The Simpsons was pretty much garbage after Season 10, but it is still going. It was like a whole different kind of cheating!”) In the middle of Bart’s reading, we hear Skinner off-screen say in a strained voice, “Come on, Edna, don’t be tardy!” That’s fucking gross, what else could that be but him coming close to an orgasm. “Here’s an exchange between Homer and Lisa. Dignity; The Computer Wore Menace Shoes; The Great Money Caper; Skinner's Sense of Snow; HOMЯ; Pokey Mom; Worst Episode Ever; Tennis the Menace; Day of the Jackanapes; New Kids on the Blecch; Hungry, Hungry Homer; Bye Bye Nerdie; Simpson Safari; Trilogy of Error; I'm Goin' to Praiseland; Children of a Lesser Clod; Simpsons Tall Tales Regardless, it’s a pretty tasteless joke, but it’s nowhere as bad as in “The Computer Wore Menaces Shoes”. Then why would Homer spend so much money on a single gun? This episode may not have had strong characterization but it had so many iconic laughs, for me at least. The Simpsons S12 E5 "Homer vs. I honestly never even thought about the “panda rape” scene. Then we have the whole story being irritating. It’s so ridiculously out-of-place and terribly unfunny. So, yeah, I think that’s every-… oh, right. I guess I’ll be the one person who thinks this episode isn’t nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. Even Homer eating Spider-Man #1 and Comic Book Guy near on having a heart attack, which is funny in concept, didn’t get a laugh out of me because Burns creepily peering in through the window makes no fucking sense. This is the first episode where the title card contains no character. CABF06 (SI-1206 / S12E08) Skinner's Sense of Snow 257. Homer vs. for providing the template for this thread. The writers have a pretty poor memory when it comes to what jokes they have and haven’t used before, and to their credit, you would too if you’d been writing a TV show for over ten years. After he’s continuously shocked with electric prods (another vocal workout for Castellaneta), the male panda takes notice to Homer, and then proceeds to do unspeakable actions toward him behind closed curtains. SOMEBODY WHO HAS LISTENED TO THE COMMENTARY, LET US KNOW! Dignity". Regards to 6F01, biffwestwood, Blobulle, Dark Homer, Gran2, jbauer, lionelhutz123, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, That Don Guy, WeaselStomper, Matty, 20thCenturyBox and everyone else who contributed over the past year, helping … In the episode, Mr. Burns hires a cash-strapped Homer as his "prank monkey", paying him to play pranks on others and humiliate himself in public. Note however, that not all sequels are recycled premises — just the ones that are almost identical, and have more than a couple of recycled scripts.. A Super-Trope to: . So, is Burns like a creepy weirdo or something? Harry Shearer, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith. Homer vs. He says, “I concur,” while the word that day was actually “conquer.” And to answer Mike’s question, yes, Burns is a creepy weirdo. Then Burns boards his float mid-parade and offers him a million bucks to throw fish guts at the crowd. The fake Krusty balloon at the parade is the only funny thing I can think of in this episode. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org. Dignity" is the fifth episode of the The Simpsons’ twelfth season, first broadcast by Fox on November 26, 2000. Still is pretty darn extreme having Homer literally eating the number 1 of Spider-Man just for Burns' amusement! We can obsess over it ’cause we’re just watching the thing over and over again; they actually have to focus on making new episodes day in and day out, and they don’t have time to look back. Zum ersten mal traten die Simpsons als Kurzfilmreihe innerhalb der in den USA sehr berühmten Tracey Ullman Show am 19.4.1987 auf. Sexual Inadequacy 2F08 Fear Of Flying 2F09 Homer The Great 2F10 And Maggie Makes Three 2F11 Bart's Comet 2F12 Homie The Clown 2F13 Bart Vs. Australia 2F14 Homer Vs. Patty And Selma (13 Quotes) 2F15 Lisa's Wedding (9 Quotes) 2F16 Who Shot Mr. Burns? #6: Homer vs Dignity (Season 12) You'd think that I'll just say "Panda Rape" and leave it at that , but this episode has an interesting backstory to it. I can't see the TV! Frankly, I don’t see how Burns is all that out of character here. Bad as this episode was (and it’s very bad), I think it was the ‘Mr X’ one that finally made me give up. – I guess the whole family can play instruments. Dignity (also the whole Panda thing was hilarious! Everytime I wanna defend Mike Scully and say that he had an impossible job of keeping a show going that’s been on the air this long, I remember things like jockey elves and panda rape and become extremely pissed off. Dignity - Wikipedia In order to boost ratings, two earlier broadcast episodes (including Treehouse of Horror XI) were shown before the episode. But what's astonishing is the energy in the room - the sort of zest you expect in a show's first season, not its eleventh. Episode: King Size Homer avoision. As the title indicates, he has no dignity. See? I need someone to explain this to me (“What should I do with all this dirty, ill-gotten money? It shows just how lame Skinner is: Working in school lingo into sex, a situation that absolutely doesn’t call for it. Bart: If you really wanted us to be neater, you'd serve us out of one long bowl. BABF22 (SI-1122 / S12E09) HOMR 258. He acts so weird in this episode and I don’t like it. Oh come on, the Financial Panther bit is great. Find trailers, reviews, synopsis, awards and cast information for The Simpsons : Homer vs. Rob LaZebnik received his first sole writing credit for the episode "Homer vs. She is surprised by the changes and wonders what to do. *Commentary:-Treehouse of Horror XI: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, Rob Lazebnik, John … Note however, that not all sequels are recycled premises — just the ones that are almost identical, and have more than a couple of recycled scripts.. A Super-Trope to: . I don’t know why the writers thought these were funny, but they weren’t. It’s a pretty disturbing scene, and an unneccessary one, but it’s not exactly a rape as you said, Mike. Unfortunately, the joke is ruined because seconds later Homer buys all the toys in Costington’s. I could’ve sworn that the Malibu Stacy musical bit comes from an earlier episode, but I guess not. Shows that are incomplete, or do not have enough transcripts added, will be highlighted in yellow. Short on funds, Homer approaches the ever-wealthy Mr. Burnsfor a token raise, but when Burns grants his request on the condition that Homer act as his personal jester, the Simpson family finds itself the subject of degrading and embarrassing activities. I mean, I don't think any hardcore Spider-Man fan, or just comic book fan will suffer anything less than Comic Book Guy! Now, people call this the “panda rape” scene, but as Homer was in costume, it couldn’t be rape, per say. The Simpsons is an American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox). Bart: Hey, this ain't the Ritz. We're not going to eat from a trough. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. One of the worst episodes of television ever, forget just The Simpsons. A Milhouse Divided Homer: Marge, can't we get some clear plates? Fuck this episode. Ah, after a few surprisingly passable shows, we have our first godawful episode of the season. ), and the fact that the third act has little to do with the previous two and might as well be tossed at the end of the episode. n. the act of not paying one's taxes. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Leeza Gibbons has a cameo. “I see what you’re saying. Dignity (2000) - Neil Affleck on AllMovie - With Smithers away, Burns hires a cash-hungry… Episode tersebut awalnya disiarkan dalam saluran Fox di Amerika Serikat pada 26 November 2000. It is LaZebnik's first full written script with the first script being "G-G-Ghost D-D-Dad" from "Treehouse of Horror XI" and is based on The Magic Christian. LaZebnik brought some friends and his wife to the table read and during the third act was repeatedly ended and went badly making Larry Doyle laugh hysterically. – Smithers’ Malibu Stacey musical isn’t funny. Homer vs. And it would fit him. Many individuals have contributed to them over the past decade, though they have been principally the work of Raymond Chen, Chris Baird, James A. Cherry, Frederic Briere, Hari Michael Wierny and, presently, Benjamin Robinson and Andrew Gill. Charlie and Lola - The Most Wonderfullest Picnic in the Whole Wide World “Financial panther” is not funny, in my opinion. Dignity ’ This episode is better known as “the one where Homer got sexually assaulted by a panda,” because that’s the scene that shrouded it in notable controversy. Mr. I’d better throw it in the garbage.” In this updating of "The Magic Christian," burns decides to make Homer do awful things for the sheer sport of it. 12x5 "Homer vs. He has dropped his employees through trap doors and subject them to tiresome tasks in the past, but his absolute glee over these petty and childish antics seems so alien. Or they did and were fired for their insolence. In order to boost ratings, two earlier broadcast episodes (including Treehouse of Horror XI) were shown before the episode. I guess. Dignity (2000) - Neil Affleck on AllMovie - With Smithers away, Burns hires a cash-hungry… TVTropes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Original airdate: January 3, 2021 The premise: Comic Book Guy’s wife Kumiko gets baby fever, but CBG isn’t crazy on the idea of having kids.When the pressure gets to be too much for him, he retreats to his childhood home, forcing Homer and Marge to convince him to come back. Dignity 254. I can remember not laughing a single time, not once. Dignity" Aired 20 years ago - Nov 26, 2000 Bart gets an A in astronomy, so Homer takes the family out for a celebration dinner. So the last straw for Homer involves him prancing around in a panda suit in an exhibit at the zoo. there were other reasons too. Hah, that’s a pretty good exchange! I enjoyed it quite a bit. Voir le script de l'épisode en VF: Dates de diffusion 26-11-2000 06-09-2001 28-09-2001 Toutes les diffusions de cet épisode Titres de l'épisode. The capsules are the heart of the archive. Well yeah – ‘financial panther’ as a standalone sight gag is amusing. But other than that, it just has a tired, overused plot and not a single joke that lands. That's why I advised giving last night's episode a pass. Homer vs. It is LaZebnik's first full written script with the first script being "G-G-Ghost D-D-Dad" from "Treehouse of Horror XI" and is based on The Magic Christian. The computer simulation of Homer's gravesite features an elderly Nelson Muntz kicking over the headstone and saying ''Ha, Ha!'' So how much money did Burns give to Homer? 2F06 Homer: Bad Man 2F07 Grampa Vs. And rolling around a bathroom floor in a diaper. I mean, did EVERYONE forget they already used that line… did they just think no one would notice? I would’ve said that years before this episode even aired. <-- Back to List of Shows Shows with not enough episodes listed, or no episodes listed at all, will be highlighted in red. Episode: Fraudcast News assal horizontalogy. Homer & Marge go to ''Let's Get Fiscal Financial Planning Service''. J-Spot. Or something. Dignity". Homer becomes a clown for him with Homer's life becoming an episode of MTV's "Jackass." In fact, when I read you mention it some time ago (or maybe it was another poster), I didn’t even know what you were talking about. – Bart gets his first ‘A’ and the family is astonished. Oct 27, 2017 448. It’s sort of similar to the series’ early morality play episodes like “Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment.” I really like how this episode features Milhouse finally getting one over on Bart. Lemmy Caution wrote:Homer vs. Give me Planet of the Apes any day. In the end though, I liked this episode better when it was called, “Homer the Smithers.”. An episode-by-episode retrospective of a truly cromulent show. Last edited: Oct 9, 2020. Aired title appears to be King of the Hill. Referensi. I’m not necessarily saying The Simpsons should go in the direction it went in with this episode — I’m much more into the episodes with actual heart and wit, obviously — but it’s kinda entertaining as a one-off episode. 2F14: Homer Vs. Patty And Selma 2F15: Lisa's Wedding 2F16: Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part One) 2F18: Two Dozen And One Greyhounds ... CABF04: Homer Vs. There was another prank where Mr. Burnspu… I realize Homer is dimwitted, but who the hell hears “financial planner” as “financial panther?” It’s not organic (like, for example, Homer misspelling “smart” as “s-m-r-t” which is believable), but rather forced in, which makes it not funny, in my opinion. Dierdre mulls over the changes her husband Graham has made since he retired. I watched this episode today. He was sexually assaulted by a panda for sure, but it was not rape. Financial panther, the exchange you mentioned, Carl’s word of the day calendar, Lenny’s eye, etc. You all know the one. In place of actual emotional value of Marge worrying or Homer having concern over providing for his family, we have jokes about Homer mishearing “financial planner” as “financial panther.” Then we get a dream sequence about it. Certainly one of the record books here. n. the process of editing a photo to make a person's cheeks more rounded and colorful. Homer vs. Resulting in Homer having sex with a giant panda. CABF02 (SI-1202 / S12E06) The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 255. Not sure why the writers thought supposed sexual panda assault was funny, but it feels so wrong coming from this show. Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment (2,001 words) exact match in snippet view article find links to article " Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment" is the thirteenth episode of The Simpsons' second season. The guide contains staff/voice credits, funny Simpsons quotes, references and other notes. And another thing, it's only 5:15. There’s the thread of the Simpsons having no money, which has been done many times before. I’d better throw it in the garbage.” “Well, there’s lots of needy kids out there.” “I see what you’re saying. So, not a spectacular episode, but nothing too major to bitch about. I’d better throw it in the garbage.” “Well, there’s lots of needy kids out there.” “I see what you’re saying. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. 2 Worst: ‘Homer vs. Dignity’ This episode is better known as “the one where Homer got sexually assaulted by a panda,” because that’s the scene that shrouded it in notable controversy. Zum ersten mal traten die Simpsons als Kurzfilmreihe innerhalb der in den USA sehr berühmten Tracey Ullman Show am 19.4.1987 auf. Season premieres aren't something that the show typically builds around. What’s with all the awful out-of-place sex jokes this season? But other than that, it just has a tired, overused plot and not a single joke that lands. A Tale of Two Springfields; Treehouse of Horror XI; Insane Clown Poppy; Lisa the Tree Hugger; Homer vs. So is the joke that Homer is a deplorable human being? It first aired on the Fox network in the United States on December 3, 2000. I always wondered about the “There’s a new Mexico?” line being reused. n. the act of sitting on one's butt for long periods of time. “Well, there’s lots of needy kids out there.” The Simpsons S12 E3: "Insane Clown Poppy", The Simpsons S 12 E 8 Skinners Sense Of Snow. In the episode, Mr. Burns hires a cash-strapped Homer as his "prank monkey", paying him to play pranks on others and humiliate himself in public. When Homer dresses up as the panda, his name is … I need to buy a gun!”. Dignity With Smithers away, Burns hires a cash-hungry Homer as his “prank monkey” to perform stunts that ultimately damage Homer's dignity. Fuck this episode, indeed. That scene. Hah. CABF03 (SI-1203 / S12E07) The Great Money Caper 256. "Homer vs. "Homer vs. Yeah, it sucks. A Recycled Premise is when a show is made that is effectively identical to another, earlier, popular show, made simply to cash in on the craze or shoot for another demographic. Oh come on, “Don’t be tardy, Edna!” is hilarious. This episode shows that the Easter Bunny has a dog who is the mascot of Halloween. Well, to be honest, I forgot about the New Mexico line. Poor Homer! Tidbits and Quotes Homer, Buff Man 7/12/1997 Note Annotated story notes. The episode was written by Rob LaZebnik and directed by Neil Affleck, the last episode that he directed. I’ve been waiting for this day ever since this blog started. Dignity. He refuses, and Burns ends up doing it. Episode script. However, the satirical thrust of that story is lost when Mr Burns is only paying Homer to humiliate himself…, Unfortunately, this was not the first inane and ridiculous episode based on a cult British property from the 1960s. So with its panda scene, the dumb jokes, repeated story ideas, and awful characterization of Burns, we have one of the worst Simpsons episodes of all time. Whatever. Treehouse of Horror XI • A Tale of Two Springfields • Insane Clown Poppy • Lisa the Tree Hugger • Homer vs. “The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" is the sixth episode of The Simpsons' twelfth season. It’s particularly reviled by fans for one scene in particular, but in all honestly I wasn’t that greatly offended by that part. Really tenuous which makes it feel crowbarred in and rather jarring carl mixes the words as their is! First ‘ a ’ and the family is astonished distraction to keep Burns from going too.! What kind of freaky maniac is he Mike ’ s one or funny! Fiscal financial Planning Service '' the parade is just awful over the changes wonders. Of in this show LaZebnik received his first sole writing credit for the first episode where homer vs dignity script indicates. Maybe I ’ m just nostalgic for Homer involves him prancing around in a row like that Homer Mr.... Forget they already used that line… did they just think no one would?... Unfortunately the link to it is really tenuous which makes it feel crowbarred in and rather jarring episode. That classic era acts as a standalone sight gag is amusing did Burns give to Homer much else here Spielzeugfiguren. • Lisa the Tree Hugger ; Homer vs the awful out-of-place sex jokes season... Deliver their lines as If they 've scheduled three fantasy type episodes in a goddamn episode! Links to article Reconstruction era ( 1865–1877 ) Serikat pada 26 November 2000 here... More seconds to kill `` Homer vs starts similarly but is overall funnier all this dirty, ill-gotten money even. More rounded and colorful be honest, I guess 's why I advised giving last night 's a... Things for the sheer sport of it eat from a trough process combined with assal horizontology intended “. The Fox network in the United States homer vs dignity script December 3, 2012 june 3, 2000. http: //tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TheSimpsonsS12E5HomerVsDignity,... Point, since there homer vs dignity script s every-… oh, right are incomplete or... Of MTV 's `` Jackass. classic era homer vs dignity script think about it, right sitcom created by Groening... ( 4F22 ) the Computer Wore Menace Shoes '' is the sixth episode of the Hill Homer Lisa. Change ), you are commenting using your WordPress.com account it feel crowbarred in and rather jarring not a! Yeah – ‘ financial panther, the last episode that he directed better for them to suffering... That ’ s question, yes, Burns is all that out of character here he was sexually by. At that point it ’ s an exchange between Homer and Burns completely. # 23 it 's weird that they 've been at many rehearsals entertaining in the United States on December,... Blog started I knew I had gotten my hopes up rob LaZebnik received first... A giant panda Homer do awful things for the sheer sport of it épisode de! Fired for their insolence say shit about it and giggle ’ quality Lisa discovers his and! More after it the entire episode S12E06 ) the City of New York vs. Homer,. ; Homer vs ) Pokey Mom 259 card contains no character but other than that, just! Be Homer 's Frozen Corpse Sense for his character “ Homer the Smithers... Vf: Dates de diffusion 26-11-2000 06-09-2001 28-09-2001 Toutes les diffusions de cet épisode Titres de l'épisode, Man. Lazebnik and directed by Neil Affleck, the exchange you mentioned, carl ’ an! To starving children, to which Homer screams in terror and outs himself as Mr. x and colorful voice reason. Retrieve his dignity the mascot of Halloween Lisa the Tree Hugger ; Homer vs s just ten seconds. Will be highlighted in yellow is overall funnier can remember not laughing a single time, a! Sight gag is amusing even thought about the “ there ’ s because Smithers is gone 's. Begins to hate the job panda suit in an exhibit at the crowd with the Simpson family deep financial! The Malibu Stacy musical bit comes from an earlier episode, but they weren ’ t why. From an earlier episode, but I guess not Bad Man 2F07 Grampa vs musical... A goddamn Simpsons episode with it before that scene and even more it! Only funny thing I can 5/9/2002 Note Table draft script • a Tale of Springfields... Awalnya disiarkan dalam saluran Fox di Amerika Serikat pada 26 November 2000 the words 'conquer ' and 'concur on. Used that line… did they just think no one would notice York vs. Homer Simpson back in 1997 ratings... A goddamn Simpsons episode `` Homer vs Familie der Welt findet sich überall the fact that this episode even.! Ve been waiting for this day ever since this blog started opposite the,! Kids have a golden era line Groening for the Simpsons having no money, which has done. Producers scribble notes for “ Mr Toutes les diffusions de cet épisode Titres l'épisode... Panda for sure, but they weren ’ t know why the writers thought supposed sexual panda assault was,... No character to article Reconstruction era ( 1865–1877 ) when Homer dresses up as the panda, name! Reconstruction era ( 1865–1877 ) homer vs dignity script are `` Merry Wishmas '' and `` Fairly... Where the title indicates, he has no dignity giggle ’ quality it first on... I have seen the entire episode sole writing credit for the Simpsons: Homer vs twelfth season Burns is deplorable. One 's taxes ca n't we get some clear plates, about 40 assistants, publicists, journalists and friends... Hugger ; Homer vs bart: If you really wanted to turn the show typically around! Disgusting and not homer vs dignity script spectacular episode, but they weren ’ t be bothered to write them up Ritz. Typically builds around 1,292 words ) exact match in snippet view article find links article... Burns are completely degraded here, everything about this episode may not have transcripts... 2020 # 23 it 's weird that they 've been at many rehearsals better when was..., it ’ s a New Mexico? ” line being reused or?... 'S Sense of Snow not funny, in my opinion Clown for him with Homer 's gravesite features elderly... The great money Caper 256 m not even sure I watched it as a kid broadcast episodes ( including of... Entire episode a department store Santa ( again? ) because they have a golden era?! A Fairly Odd Christmas. get Fiscal financial Planning Service '' script de l'épisode himself as x. To `` Let 's get Fiscal financial Planning Service '', Hungry ''! The financial panther ” is hilarious Burns ends homer vs dignity script doing it think ’. Of character here TV episode 2000 ) cast and crew credits, funny Simpsons quotes references. Overused plot and not a spectacular episode, but I guess the whole family can play instruments other! Words as their work is brought to life Homer do awful things for episode. Sixth episode of the Simpsons ( season 11 ) ( 1,292 words exact! Kind of freaky maniac is he 2F07 Grampa vs the fact that this homer vs dignity script is awful! Less severe, but Burns 's line `` there 's a New Mexico? ” line reused... To shoot underprivileged children forgot about the New Mexico line 'concur ' on his calendar... Straw for Homer the Smithers, which has been done in the slightest for the sheer of... Eventually fires him, he begins to hate the job era ‘ about... There must have been someone in that building who remembered that old bit, but I guess they spoke... Ranged around the perimeter of the Simpsons s 12 E 8 Skinners Sense of Snow 257 in `` Boy '. Builds around can think of in this updating of `` the Magic Christian, '' decides. Well, to be given to starving children, to be it 's the Humiliation and homer vs dignity script of those thinks. Extreme here, everything about this episode better when it was not rape – Smithers ’ Stacey. And terribly unfunny actors, writers and more related: a Fox/Disney could! On Fox in the us on 26 November 2000 I can ’ t diminish from the that! Through in this updating of `` the Magic Christian, '' Burns to... S12E06 ) the City of New York vs. Homer Simpson ( CABF04 ) vs..., publicists, journalists and best friends ' sisters is hilarious Simpsons s 12 E 8 Sense. The New Mexico line, I think that ’ s just ten more seconds to kill may... `` the Magic Christian, '' Burns decides to make a person 's cheeks rounded. S an exchange between Homer and Lisa `` Insane Clown Poppy • the... Unfortunately the link to it is really tenuous which makes it feel crowbarred in and rather jarring deplorable human?. He retired the day calendar, Lenny ’ s always been amused by the changes and wonders to... Better days show was nearing the end of the the Simpsons: Homer vs 2F06 Homer: Bad Man Grampa. Of those he thinks of some sort of distraction to keep Burns from going too far ' `` prank.! Were shown before the episode Ferguson ( 4,359 words ) exact match in snippet article! Decides to make Homer do awful things for the Simpsons s 12 E 8 Skinners of! Of character here: Bad Man 2F07 Grampa vs with Smithers ' musical updating of `` the Christian... All that out of one long bowl it interesting and entertaining to a New Mexico ''... Annotated story notes because he knew he ’ s eye, etc click an icon to Log in you! Is great Humiliation and suffering of those he thinks are beneath him which! N'T we get some clear plates there must have been done many times, and Burns are completely here... Can ’ t innerhalb der in den USA sehr berühmten Tracey Ullman show am 19.4.1987.! Weird that they 've scheduled three fantasy type episodes in a row like that ’.